Long-term EVS, funded by the Erasmus + program of the European Union
Short description of the project:
Time: 01/12/2017 – 30/06/2018 – 7 months long
Place: Constanta, Romania – a big city near the Black Sea Coast
- Raising the awareness of the importance of multicultural learning in fighting discrimination, among the 4 volunteers from 2 partner associations and also among children and youngsters from 1 school and 2 social and cultural institutions in Constanta.
- Improving life skills in general and emotional development especially for 4 volunteers, in order to increase their future employment chances.
- Learning at least 4 new non formal methods with the purpose of increasing social inclusion. These methods will be transferred to and by the 2 partner organizations as well.
- Promoting the Erasmus+/EVS opportunities in the local community and also in those of the 2 partner organizations.
The objectives will be achieved by the implementation of the following activities, 6 hours daily:
Emotional expression workshops using drumming. The activity uses traditional percussion instruments like: djembe, maracas, tambourine.
Non formal activities with secondary school, children aged 11-15: personal development activities; multicultural activities within foreign language classes (English and German);
Non formal activities in Day Care Center Agigea: emotional and life skills development by means of non formal methods : shadow theatre, storytelling, art&craft, social-educational animation.
Non formal activities with the purpose of social inclusion at Youth and Cultural Center in Corbu.
The results and impact envisaged are raising social inclusion and fighting discrimination of vulnerable groups in order to raise positive involvement of youngsters and inspiring future projects which should reduce violence and discrimination incidents.
The volunteer will receive:
- Youthpass Certificate
- Travel reimbursement from his/her home place till Constanta, Romania and back;
- Complete meal & accommodation, city transportation, phone & internet allowance;
- Pocket money: 60 EUR/month;
- 2 days/month holiday;
- Medical insurance, visa costs;
- Mentoring support.
More questions? Ask us: